Sunday, June 7, 2009

Junagadh City - Aditi Vachhani


Junagadh City girl turns pain into power, ranks sixth in state.

When doctors could not alleviate an unbearable ache in her right hand, Aditi Vachhani decided to turn her pain into power.

She started to practice writing with her left hand.


All year through, she practiced her answers this way.

On the day of the exam, she switched over to her right hand. The pain had subsisted but her indomitable spirit got her the sixth rank in the state with 622 marks and 95.69 per cent.


"I converted my pain into strength," said Aditi, as tears of joy rolled down her cheeks. A student of Bhalodia High School, she wants to opt for science and become an engineer. She scored 100 per cent in her favorite subject mathematics. According to Aditi, her mother Jyoti, a teacher at Shapur High School, was her source of strength, while her father Ramesh, a Junagadh District Panchayat clerk, did his best to lessen her hardships.

"My parents took me to seven doctors one after the other, but to no avail. The pain was diagnosed as a muscular one, with no broken bones. Then, my school Principal Anjali Savalia came to my rescue," Aditi said.

"It was she who suggested that I practice with my left hand, thus giving rest to the right hand."
The same power and courage will surely see her excel in class XII too, said Mohan Patel, president of Patel Kelvani Mandal, which runs the Bhalodia School.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts